Friday, January 05, 2007

Air Asia X: long haul, low cost – will it work?



Maybe you've already heard, maybe not. Either way, it is noteworthy enough for me to put on this post, giving you the news that Malaysian carrier Air Asia have officially announced today that they will launch a new budget airline by July this year, to connect KL with a wide range of mid- to far-distance destinations in Asia, the entire Pacific region and Europe as well. And to do all this at a reasonable pricing.
Now, that promises to bring our continents closer together in a crucial, a physical way, enabling every you and me to really make it over to the other side, no more excuses from now on, I should think... Well, in theory, at last. Whether it will actually work out, this new and daring business plan of theirs, remains to be seen. I for one certainly keep my fingers crossed and should hope (in my very own best interest) for more enterprises like this one to be set up in a not too far off future. As of now, there doesn't seem to be any website out there yet, but I will have a watchful eye on their upcoming service and keep you informed!
All news so far is courtesy of the BBC and you get it here.

(pic©afp)

No comments: